Details of KLEE and Other Important Law Entrances Exams in 2023
The season for exams has started. Every student is busy preparing themselves for higher studies including obviously the legal sector. In Kerala, law career attuned students have a hectic upcoming schedule. First the plus two exams and then Kerala Law Entrance Exams (KLEE).
Hold a minute! It is not just KLEE but a host of other LLB entrance exams for which aspirants can start preparing. Many are not aware of this. Through this blog, we at JobSecura will clear all these doubts. These doubts start right from notification details of each university, the exam date, the exam syllabus and pattern and also the preparation method. There are many common aspects but there are also certain subtle differences. An awareness of these differences will go a long way in helping every law career inclined student of Kerala.
Let us look into universities that have already released their law entrance exam notification. The trend so far clearly shows that exams may happen with very less possibility of delay. The Covid induced delay is no longer a major worry unlike previous three years.
Some of the important universities that have already announced exam dates are – Cochin University (CUSAT), M G University, Jamia Milia Institute, Aligarh Muslim University, Common University Entrance Test (CUET). Let us go through each university. Each law aspiring student can also make a choice based on whether they want to study inside or outside Kerala.
· CUSAT five- year and three-year LLB notification has already been released. The last date of application is over as of publishing this blog. There is total 60 seats for B.A LLB and B.com LLB – 30 each. The exam date is on 29th and 30th April 2023. The CUSAT exam paper consists of 150 questions spread over 2 hours. It is a computer based online question paper. We suggest to all students to give attempt the CUSAT LLB entrance. The exam has certain core differences as compared to KLEE exam. CUSAT focus is more on logic and reasoning. We claim this with great pride that 14 students from JobSecura cracked the 2022 CUSAT LLB test.
· Another important law entrance exam within Kerala is Mahatma Gandhi University. It also known as School of Indian legal thought. The notification for 5-year LLB has already been released sometime back. Last date of application is April 1st 2023. The exam dates are on may 6th and 7th 2023. There is total 50 seats for the MG university five-year LLBprogram. Please note that MG exam will be a pen and paper test. Equally important to take note is age limit of 22 years. Again, it would be JobSecura team’s suggestion to take this test. The reason is that it is a benchmark for all to understand where they stand with respect to KLEE.
· Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)has come with its LLB exam notification. As mentioned earlier, this exam is a good opportunity for all those students interested to join for a law course outside Kerala. AMU is a prestigious university to secure admission and nurture future law career. The last date for application is March 17th 2023. The exam date is 14th May 2023. AMU offers 240 seats in total for the five-year LLB program. This includes both the AMU campus in Mushadibad as well as the AMU campus in Malappuram, Kerala. AMU exam has an age limit of 22 years. The exam consists of 100 questions to be answered in a time period of 2 hours. It is a pen and paper test. The syllabus specifically mentions – current affairs with focus on legal issues. Hence, the preparation has to be on same lines. JobSecura students had their success share in AMU Five- year LLB 2023 exams as well. Syllabus based preparation is needless to say the main reason.
· Jamia Milia Institute (JMI) is another core national university that has released exam notifications for its 2023 Five- year LLB entrance exam. Located in Delhi, JMI has a name and reputation that ranks it among the best universities in the country. A total of 120 seats is up for grab in JMI The last date for application is April 3rd and the exams will be held on 6th May. JMI Five-year LLB test has 150 questions to be answered in two-hour time allotment. The mode of exam is pen and paper. The syllabus focus is on -legal language and English comprehension. JMI is no exception to JobSecura as here also out students have qualified. To make a special mention, one of them has bagged all India 3rd rank in JMI 2022 five-year LLB.
· Telangana Common Entrance Test notification is expected soon. This includes both five-year and three-year entrance test. Telangana has total 120 seats. Tentative date is on or before June 2023. The exam is computer based. Please note there is an age bar of not more than 22 years. Students eager to study outside Kerala should certainly not miss this exam. Remember, Hyderabad is a corporate-tech centre of India and many good corporate openings are available in the legal sector. Osmania University in Hyderabad comes under Telangana CET.
· Kannur university in Kerala offers 60 seats for five-year and three-year (combined) LLB entrance program. It is an autonomous university. If we look at 2022, Kannur was one exam that was conducted much before KLEE and many other exams. The exam duration is 2 hours. Notification is still not released. Please watch JobSecura YouTube channel to get the details as and when the notification comes out. Kannur University LLB offers a good opportunity to get a professional law degree at government supported low fee structure. Do not miss out. Here again you will find many of our ex-students. Especially the 2022 batch.
· CUET LLB exams notifications have already come out. Although it started just last year, announcement this year has come relatively early. The CUET exams will be held between May 21st and May 31st. There are about nine universities coming under CUET umbrella. Students have to make a clear-cut choice on the university of their choice. Since this is just the second year, details on syllabus trends and patterns are in the process of getting streamlined. We shall soon be updating you with all relevant information.
· It goes without saying that for every law entrance exam preparing student in Kerala, the KLEE exam is on top of their mind. All aspirants will be extremely eager to know about KLEE dates. So far, notification has not come. Both three-year and five- year have separate applications. Kerala Five-year LLB has 360 seats while three-year LLB has 420 seats. There is no age limit for both. The exam in itself has 200 questions to be answered in computer-based mode. Follow Law Eminence Instagram channel for update info.
For all guidance, counselling and coaching to crack all these exams, please contact our team @ JobSecura .