Understanding Central University Entrance Test (CUET)
CUET stands for Central University Entrance Test. A central university is a public university established by the Government of India. It functions under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). All Rules and regulations of a Central University are defined by this particular ministry. The state in which the university is located has to allocate the needed physical resources like land and Infrastructure to the central government.
In simple words, a central university is controlled and administered by the central government while a state university is controlled and administered by the state government. As of now in India, there are 14 central universities. The Central University of Kerala is located in the district of Kasargod.
CUET is a highly competitive entrance exam taken by almost 30,000 students across India every year. Proper CUET coaching is essential similar to any other competitive exam. There are many students in Kerala keen to enter a good central university. Through this blog, we aim to give you all the detailed information about CUET and also help in the search for CUET coaching center in Kerala.
Courses Offered by Central Universities -
Like any other public university, CUET offers a host of under graduate and post graduate programs. The number of courses offered differs from university to university. Students can select from– Science, Arts, Commerce, Business Administration, LLB, Engineering, It is a suggestion to every student to go through the entire list of programs offered by every Central Universities. For example, a certain student from a state may want Integrated Political Science. But that may be available only in the Central University of another state. A systematic CUETpreparation can secure the gateway for multiple Central Universities. Many students can actually get a chance to pick and choose.
The following Central Universities will be offering LLB programs – Delhi University, Allahabad University, Banaras Hindu University, Assam University, Dr Harsingh Gaur Vishwa Vidyalaya, Balasaheb BhimRao Ambedkar University, Rajeev Gandhi University, Central University of South Bihar.
CUET Process –
CUET is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The application process for the 2022 tests has started from April 6th onwards. Exams will commence from June 2022 onwards. It is important to note that admissions to any Central University will be based only on the test scores. The plus two marks exam will only be set as the eligibility criteria to apply. It is important to note that threshold eligibility marks of plus two exams may differ among the various central universities.
Advantages of the CUET -
Every aspirant-student will get admission into the different universities based on the marks that they score. The purpose is to make admissions more wide by eliminating the system of Cut-offs practiced by many central universities till date. The NTA has provisioned a common window platform for securing admissions to any Central University. It has eliminated the different level of exam pattern or its toughness specific to any university.
Tests Pattern of CUET –
- It consists of three sections – Language, Subject Domain, General ability. There will be a total of 150 marks from all the three sections.
- In the language sections, students have a choice to pick up among 13 languages including English. The language section paper will be common to students of different subject choices. The language section itself has two sub sections.
- In the subject sections, there are a total of 27 subjects out of which students can select any six. A small challenge here is that sometimes a subject which the students is planning to join for their under- graduation course will not be available. In such cases, they will have to select the subject nearest to their UG subject.
- The general tests section consists of Analytical and logical ability, current affairs, mental ability. This section will also be common to students irrespective of their domain subject selection.
- The test will be in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with negative marks for every wrong answer.
CUET Preparation Points –
- There are many CUET coaching centers in Kerala. Right selection should be based on specific criteria:
- Long years of standing, reputed name and strong feedbacks are mandatory. It goes without saying.
- Every CUET coaching center needs to have expertise in English and General Ability. That is of prime importance. Subject or domain expertise may differ center to center.
- CUET syllabus is dynamic and subject to many changes. It is necessary for every coaching center to update this syllabus as and when required.
- It is not just about syllabus. All coaching centers should be aware of notification, exam dates, exams, specifics, rules etc. Not just of their particular state but of all other states as well.
JobSecura and CUET:
- As mentioned earlier, experience, years of standing and reputation counts. It does matter! That’s where JobSecura is the right choice for CUET coaching in Kerala.
- Almost 15 years of coaching experience in Mental Ability, language (English) – remember these are core sections in CUET.
- Our domain expertise is legal and it is unmatched in terms of faculty strength, study material, question bank.
- More than 15,000 questions, about 70 actual tests, 100 plus model question papers – it’s all there.
- Our coaching for KLEE, CUSAT, MG University, DU LLB, AMU, and BHU is a coaching for CUET LLB as well.
- Tests are conducted online through our technology app Law Eminence.
- Join the first and best coaching Law coaching center in Kerala for CUET preparation with good scores.